Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Style update!

One of my goals is to become a little more stylish and be happy with the way I look. Took a small step towards that yesterday by going to Macy's to  take advantage of the memorial day sales to revamp a bit of my wardrobe.

My wardrobe had consisted of funny t-shirts, levis and a few short-sleeve button downs. I think the phrase my girlfriend used to described the short-sleeve shirts was pre-teen. Yeah. That one burned. Eitherway, I had started reading fashion advice from reddit and liquid during the thesis writing process, so I had an idea of the sort of semi-preppy, professional look I wanted. I ended up buying some backbone shirts for my dresser including a semi-formal white and stripped blue shirt.

I have some dingy looking boatshoes at the moment that I am hoping to upgrade from. Unfortunately, classy looking loafers are all so damn expensive. I am definitely going to buy myself a nice pair, but I am going to take my time with this purchase as I am going to have to like these shoes for a long time.

On the side, I have also been pondering a bit about my relationship and how sex urges influence my life. In particular, I have wrestling with how depression and self-esteem affects my toppish/subbish tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment